Thursday 3 September 2015

LEONARDO DiCAPRIO

In all these days, I have been expressing my opinion on the films I see, there is one actor, I have avoided consciously. Probably I fear that with my limited vocabulary and restrictive language skills, I may not do justice in drawing a perfect picture of the kind of passions this actor has generated in me; or that I have not seen any picture of him after I start to write here except one, which I could mention with trepidation. The innocuous posters were the culprits; made me to believe ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ would something about the manipulations of stock market; I was in for a shock when it turned out to be true story of a scheming stock broker with his life full of debauchery and sexual orgy in graphic details, surely not a film to be enjoyed with family.
Leonardo DiCaprio!
Just forty years; but the wide spectrum of roles had he taken upon his shoulders already will make one wonder, how far he would go further in future. What is truly amazing is this baby faced or can I say chocolate hero actor succeeded in convincing us even while playing as septuagenarian J.Edgar!
I read somewhere that after the audition for Titanic, Kate Winslet told James Cameron that she would not mind, if not selected but Leonardo not to be dropped at any cost!
Last Sunday, I ticked one more film in the list of DiCaprio films; The Man in the Iron Mask. It is an interesting story woven with the fictional characters of Alexander Dumas with that of real historical figures and a lot of creative liberties. Leonardo is at ease as the role is not much challenging till his talents are put to real test, when the look-alike imposter finds himself in the throne of King Louis XIV of France. The would be king of Hollywood is so convincing in looking unconvincing as the King.
This historical drama is for the whole family…
Madurai
03/09/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

PROOF OF WILLS ADMITTED BY TESTATOR

INTRODUCTION I have had the privilege to hear the lecture of Mr.Nagamuthu, Senior Advocate on ‘Execution and Proof of Will’....